Thursday, February 26, 2009

playground.

1. Check, to my last commenter, on trying to find something positive in this experience. I’m working on that.

2. Interestingly enough, it’s not the place that I don’t feel at home in, it’s more the strange collection of individuals who are brought together to be writers that feels, well, awkward and un-home-like in this place.

3. That said, I most certainly LIKE plenty of these people.

4. And with them, I’ve had some truly fun moments, not school or writing related at all.

5. I have been reminding myself that knowing people for years and years and years is quite different from knowing people for a few months.

6. My friend c. asked me: Is it that you feel like you’d feel it by now if you were going to be good friends? (I’m paraphrasing)

7. My answer: Yes. I think I’d feel it.

8. Her answer: Maybe these are not the people you are meant to be good friends with.

9. My answer: Yes. That’s a possibility.

10. Her comment: Maybe you’ll make your good friends in other ways.

11. My answer: Yes. That’s very possible. I haven’t been here long enough to plug into a lot of different outlets. And really, I’m too busy with school to be playing on a billion different playgrounds.

12. The whiny person inside of me: But making friends is usually so easy for me- people with all different kinds of personalities and mindsets and experiences.

13. The practical, patient person inside of me: Making really good new friends takes time. Getting into a comfort zone with others is not instant.

14. Whiny-me: But a lot of times it's instant.

15. And I like people. I like people in my program. I like them.

16. So wait. Wait it out

SONG: Turn the Light Down Low, Lauren Hill's mix

No comments:

Post a Comment