Thursday, February 2, 2012

Know that Beatles song, "I'm so Tired"?

On Saturday night, as I was driving to pick up a pizza, I thought to myself, "I have never felt more tired, old, and haggard in my life." And I felt so heavy with that exhaustion. I thought, "I don't know if I'm cut out to be a parent around the clock," as if there's a choice.

The heaviness lifted.

But then Tuesday rolled around. Desmond has had a cold for several nights and keeps waking up through the night because his nose is stuffed. When I got him back down in the crib at 5:40 a.m. on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I was desperate for him to stay asleep so that I could catch up on sleep. Of course, he woke up forty minutes later. I almost cried, literally almost cried. Being tired will make you act like a baby I guess.

Thank goodness for last night when he went down at 7:15 pm and did not get up until 5:30 am. It's good to feel rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment