Friday, July 31, 2009

a little discipline. a lot of hope.

I have been revising stories like a maniac, and I think I've got 2 of them to a place that I am happy with. Therefore, I'm going to stop messing with them and move on to revising another story.

In the meantime, this week, I got 1 of the 2 stories out to 4 journals and the other of the 2 stories out to 2 journals. I'm going to send the latter to 2 more places as well, but the places I have in mind won't take submissions until September.

I've definitely come up with an overall strategy for submitting. I'm always sending to my top 4 choices first - no matter how much of a crap shoot it is. When I get back rejections, I'll resubmit to my next highest journal choices, and on and on. And incidentally - I have different journal picks for different stories. As it should be.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment