Friday, October 23, 2009

wants and considerations.

Things I want lately:

1. New clothes. I have not purchased new clothes since May, and those were purely for my India trip. The goals of those clothes were comfort and coolness (as in temperature).

2. Not to have to grade essays.

3. To be able to finish this story about the boys so I can move on already.

4. Two new pairs of boots. I can see them in my head, but I can't find them in any stores. And I couldn't afford them if I could find them; I'm certain.

5. More time to write and time to start a garden (I always want to do this at precisely the wrong time of year, but technically, I think fall is the right time).

6. More money.

7. To own my own house again. Boy do I miss that.

8. A weekend getaway to NYC to visit with girlfriends and just be somewhere else.


Things I am considering lately:

1. Training for the Mardi Gras half marathon that takes place in NOLA in February. Is this something I can do? Is it something I WANT to do? I don't think I have it in me to enjoy running more than 5 miles at a time.

2. This is making me consider the possibility of training for a 10 K instead. But I love the idea of going to New Orleans to compete. And the NOLA one takes place on my friend's 35th birthday (and she'll be there running).

3. Right now, as I write, I am leaning toward option 2. 10K doesn't set a bunch of alarms off in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment