Monday, December 7, 2009

motivation.

Eating a bowl of cereal and drinking coffee in the kitchen. No lights are on, and bright gray is streaming in through the window. Today is cloudy.

The thing that I am most trying to do at this moment is motivate myself. I did a 3-mile hike over hilly terrain on Thanksgiving weekend, but since then, I have not once tried to run. Can I train for a half marathon in 11 weeks time, which is what I’ve got if I actually begin this week? I think that I can. Can I train for an event without a team of people as I have in the past? This, I am less certain of.

So I’m going to finish my bowl of cereal, finish my coffee, and make myself go to the Y to walk on the elliptical. Which is not a run. I know. But it is a start.

Whenever I am trying to motivate myself to do something I really want to do and also really don't want to do, this is the song that gets stuck in my head. Hope you feel as amused as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment