Saturday, January 30, 2010
To Market, To Market 2
1. The produce
2. Ruby hoping for some good [tasty] luck to fall at her feet.
- 2 Daikon radishes
- 4 Heads of broccoli
- 1 Loaf of rosemary ciabatta
- 1 bunch of hydroponic tomatoes
(I will let you know about their texture and flavor. I know nothing about hydroponic gardening. I forgot to include the tomatoes in the photo.)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
(I also forgot to include this in the photo.)
- Micro greens
(arugula, cabbage, beet greens; The farmer gave us a taste. They were so incredible that it seemed worth the $3. I think I can get two uses out of them.)
Total cost: $19. Expensive or inexpensive? I'll think more about this and offer my opinion at a later date.
Today at the market, the only semi-intelligible thoughts in my head were:
1. Thank you, God, or lawmakers, for banning smoking in bars. I woke up, threw on some clothes and left the house with no stale smoke lingering in my hair, and my body didn't feel as if I'd unintentionally smoked 3 packs of everybody else's cigarettes.
2. When will my coffee kick in? When will my coffee kick in?
3. I must remember every word that came out of the mouths of the old men standing behind us at Yo La Tengo last night. It was like listening to an awesome rock 'n roll version of Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show. More on rock 'n roll Statler and Waldorf and the Yo La Tengo show later.