Wednesday, April 8, 2009

to do.


There are a lot of things that need doing. For instance:

Laundry.

Taxes.

Travel Visa application.

Showering.

This month's bills.

Cleaning the house to get ready for a visit from my friend E!!!

Some health insurance stuff. UGH. (biggest issue of procrastination yet)

Grade 20 essays (before E. arrives on Friday!)

Yet, I've been procrastinating.

Here is something I am wondering about. If you see an item of clothing in a thrift shop, and it’s about $10 more than you really want to spend, but then you have a dream about it, should you suck up the $10 and make the purchase? Here is what happens in the dream: You walk into a party, and a stranger greets you. She is wearing the jacket, and you feel wholly envious. It is off white, linen, circa 1940. It has ¾ length sleeves. It is not a full-length jacket – it falls just at your belly button, maybe a little lower, but it is not fitted. It hangs loosely. The bottom third of the body and sleeves is embroidered with a striking black pattern. It looks summery, on the dressy side, but also like it could be dressed down with jeans and a T-shirt.

If I am daydreaming about this jacket, I guess I am not really getting on to the business of my day, am I?

And she’s off.

No comments:

Post a Comment