Friday, May 1, 2009
There are only 21 days until we are off for a month in India and a week in Puerto Rico. Here is a list of things to do.
1. Purchase India tickets. [DONE]
2. Find dog/house sitter [DONE]
3. Pay May bills (this weekend).
4. Obtain visas (pending – materials have been sent off, waiting to receive them in the mail by end of next week.)
5. Call relatives in India (early next week).
6. Book dogs at border for the week our friend can’t dog/house sit (early next week)
7. Vaccination shots [SCHEDULED for May 3]
8. Purchase Puerto Rico tickets (I’ve been stalking ticket prices waiting to pounce on the right ones.)
9. Finalize route/cities we’ll travel too. Here are our rough ideas:
NEW DELHI AREA – New Delhi, Ajanta Allova (day trip), Mussori, Nainital
PUNJAB – Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jallianwalla Bagh (day trip), Waggha/the border (day trip), Bathinda
RAJASTHAN – Jodhpur, Udaipur, Mt. Abu (day trip), Chittaurgarh, Ajmer, Jaipur
NEW DELHI AREA (part 2) – Agra, Fatepur Sikri (day trip), New Delhi.
10. Shop for clothes to wear during trip (Week of May 11).
11. Figure out what phones and cameras we will take. Will we take a laptop?
12. Figure out hotels for travels in India.
13. Book ourselves for the beach in Puerto Rico.
14. Purchase things like anti bacterial tablets, aloe vera, etc.
15. Get our house CLEAN.
None of this is overwhelming, right? It should not be, right? I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed.