Monday, August 31, 2009

little wonders.



I know these pictures look like nothing, but look closely - what's captured here has made my day.

I can tell you that the last thing I wanted to do this morning was pull myself out of bed to go to the Y. Well, 2nd to last; the last thing I wanted to do was wake up in the first place. But this week begins my new semester schedule: Wake up M-F and go to the Y before I do anything else. I am back on a weight-loss mission. I have gained 9 pounds since moving to Austin. BLAH.

I was so sleepy when I arrived, and feeling so out of shape when I left. Before leaving, I stopped to stretch my legs a bit. I was standing by my car stretching when I noticed little specks of green movement in the grass. And then I realized that I was looking at Austin's wild parrots!!! WOO-HOO. It made my day. I thought I'd never get a look at these little creatures, but here they are - semi-captured by my i-phone camera.

Now, on to conquer the rest of this day. Including my first lesson plan enacted with my 2 classes. I am kind of nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment